Suggested Ways of Offering the Gayatri Mantra
Chanting the Gayatri Mantra
opens our acceptance
and relieves us of the error of prejudice.
Let us chant it for all beings
near and far, now and forever.
There are many ways to offer the grace of the Gayatri Mantra.You may choose one or more of the suggestions below or create your own offering.
1. Sit in meditation and gently concentrate on your intention as you chant the Gayatri Mantra in multiples of nine.
Nine is the sacred number of the Gayatri Mantra .
2. Dedicate your first mantra to the UNIVERSE or all sentient beings, before focusing on a particular group or situation.
3. Create a Gayatri Mantra Altar.
Print or write the names of the “receive” list or your subject that you are requesting the blessings for.
Lay the names on your alter in front of an image of Mother Gayatri and light a votive candle. Chant the Mantra onto the altar and into the flame. Let the candle continue to burn until it goes out by itself.
4. The receive list will be updated regularly. Refresh your list every full moon. Burn or bury your old list in a garden.
You might also save it and bring it to India (or to your local group) for burning in a Gayatri Mantra Sacred Fire Ceremony.
5. You might want to form a group of people to recite the Gayatri Mantra.
Even a small group of two or three would be wonderful.
Remember that blessings can happen in many ways. Some are very obvious and some are not at all obvious.